Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I have gotten BAD

So, I guess I have gotten bad at updating.....so here is a marathon update. Last Thursday we had a consult with the RE and Andrew and I both agree IVF with ICSI is the way to go. ;) I had my mock transfer, so they can determine the best placement for the embryos. And we came home.

Friday, Andrew returned to the urologist, where we got a mixed bag of news. The gest of it being there is a blockage, but surgery may or may not correct it and may make it worse. If we do IVF with ICSI it will eliminate any concerns of the blockage. So that was easy to cope with and goodness knows Andrew didn't want surgery!!!!

So we are on course----tentatively, I will add Lupron Injections on 3/1 stat stimming within 10 days after that and then the Egg Retrieval will be roughly 3/20 with Embryo Transfer on 3/23 or 3/25. These are rough dates and could move a bit, but it is a guide. ;) YAY!!

I am still working with insurance on the meds, so we'll see on that front. And I now need to go to SC for a doctor's appt with my mom on 3/11 so we have to see how that effects the monitoring. So fun and nothing is easy!! I have a call into my nurse on both these things, so we'll see what she says.

1 comment:

Lindsay and Tim said...

That must be a huge relief for your hubby to not have to go through surgery! Good luck with IVF!!! Keep us updated!