Monday, October 22, 2007

Update from Saturday's Monitoring Appt

Let's see. All went well. It was all pretty basic. Blood work and ultrasound. Then wait for a call for the all clear to start meds.

So the ultrasound showed 7 follicles on both sides. I think that is a good number. I think the last ultrasound in May/June showed 9 on one and 6 on the other, so I think that is an average start count. Now we just want them to GROW--but not all of them.

In the afternoon on Saturday, I got the green light to start Clomid. I've take two doses and have three more to go. Then I go back on Friday for another round of blood work and ultrasound.

So far, I haven't had any bad side effects from the Clomid and many people claim it can be very bad. I am only on 50mg and that is the lowest dose, so that may have something to do with it. But I am glad none the less. This time next week we could be doing the IUI and in wait mode. Very exciting.

No comments: