Monday, January 14, 2008

Bad news from RE and Next Cycle begins

So, Dr. S called back today with not so good news. Apparently A's sperm count has gone from 110 mil this past summer to 2 mil last week. This is a BIG deal and reason for concern. Dr. S wants A to go back and do another sample this week with more specialized analysis and also a freeze of the sample, in case we need it later. Then, A needs to go to an urologist to determine what the issue is.

Dr. S wants us to go ahead with this IUI round, so I am back on my meds. This is Day 3 of Clomid and I go back in on Friday for monitoring. We really don't have much of a shot with A's count were it is pre-wash---since that will go down significantly with the wash.....but there is no harm in trying.

Concerns---A needs a procedure to fix the sperm production and this will cause us to delay 6-9 months TTC or this could move us right to IVF, which I am totally OK with. I am ready to move onto that since we have more chance of success. We'll know more after the urologist and Dr. S consult each other on the case.

Can't anything go right for us????

1 comment:

Ariella said...

I am sorry that his count went down so low. I hope that the Drs have answers or that it was a fluke and his next count is much better. GL.