Tuesday, January 22, 2008

IUI #3a is DONE!!!

So, I went in this morning for the IUI. I got lucky and Dr. S was performing the IUIs so that gave us time to talk about what the future holds.

First this IUI, I had 3 mature follies, so that is good. A's sample was 20 million pre wash, but the post wash number was only 900k....so not even a million. The motility was really low over all....ideally motility should be about 50%, today's sample was at 22% motility. (Mentally, this is what I prepared for, so I am OK with it).

As for what is next, Dr. S asked about the urologist and I said A is going next week. Dr. S said pretty much with these counts IVF is the only option. He asked if there is any reason for the change and I couldn't come up with anything. So, the plan if I am not pg this cycle is consult next month to discuss options (with IVF) basically.

We kind of knew this with the new development, so no surprise, but daunting none the less. I am concerned there will be a hold up with insurance, but the doctor's office will know this more than I will.

Cross fingers this cycle works, but the odds are certainly not with us. So IVF bound we are!!!! YAY, a greater chance of success, so I can't complain...it gives me some hope again which has been lacking for a while.

2 comments:

Em's way said...

Hi there, just stumbled across your blog and wanted to wish you good luck. I truly hope that you get your dream this cycle. Good luck xxxx

Beverley said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!! I'm sending you BFP vibes!!! ;)